DIY Article Topics
ICFUMH site search
|search engine by freefind|
Do you need an article or blog post written to promote your business? Hire Me!
Welcome to Our Articles on Interior Projects
When it comes to interior projects, the work never ends. But hey, that's what the fun's all about, right?
Standard Disclaimer:Any project which requires the use of tools carries the potential for injury. Use caution and your safety gear, this site won't be liable!
Heres our most recent interior articles. Enjoy!
Drill Down by More Specific Sub-Topics
Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling Topics
- 3 Unique Ideas for Bathroom Renovations Install heating elements under floor tile, add a urinal, enjoy a rain shower.
- 5 Do-It-Yourself Kitchen Upgrades A fresh coat of paint, new cabinets, or new plumbing fixtures can make all the difference.
- 5 Easy and Inexpensive Kitchen Updates Repainting, cabinet refacing, spreading a rug, and adding some plants.
- 5 Strategies to Selecting the Right Tile for Your Kitchen Set a budget, determine work areas, and choose style and colors.
- 6 Tips to Make Redesigning Your Kitchen Easier Pre-remodel planning saves time and money in the long run.
- 7 Ways to Slash Your Kitchen Remodeling Bill How to stay on construction budget during kitchen upgrades.
- All About the Kitchen Work Triangle Kitchen geometry blends food preparation efficiency with storage space and safety.
- Basic Layouts for Kitchen Cabinets, Appliances, and Plumbing Design patterns of kitchen cabinets, appliances, and plumbing for functionality and convenience.
- Bathroom Remodeling: Be Your Own Contractor Does your bathroom need a face lift? Be your own bathroom remodeling contractor! This small but functional space might not be big in terms of footage, but it has all the elements to address: floors, walls, lighting, plumbing, and fixtures.
- Beautiful Murals for the Kitchen Designed to draw together your color scheme in a vivid focal point of the space.
- Build a Walk-In Pantry for More Kitchen Storage Space A common complaint in most homes is the lack of kitchen storage space. One solution is to build a walk-in pantry.
- Decorating the Half Bathroom with Style This project will add to home equity with a retro, French flair, or the design theme of your choice.
- Designing Your Kitchen the Right Way Plan with the work triangle and install quality appliances.
- How to Caulk a Bathtub A watertight seal is inexpensive and will save you from expensive repairs later.
- How to Clean, Seal, and Maintain Granite Countertops Natural stone work surfaces are beautiful but require periodic maintenance.
- How to Install Base Cabinet Units Any kitchen or bathroom remodeling project calls for basic carpentry skills. Installing floor kitchen cabinet units is easy when precise architectural plans are established and followed. Prefabricated cabinets are the easiest to work with.
- How to Install Wall Cabinet Units Kitchen remodel? Built-in or prefabricated kitchen cabinet installation requires basic carpentry skills.
- How to Remodel Your Bathroom for Less Expensive plumbing fixtures and designer contractors can wreak your budget.
- Kitchen Design 101 How to think like an architect; consider flooring material, kitchen storage space, the psychology of color.
- Install a Kitchen Backsplash This tutorial explains how to install a backsplash above your kitchen cabinet tops and cooking surfaces using tile, granite, stainless steel, or laminate.
- Install a Tin Tile Backsplash A quick and easy DIY kitchen makeover.
- Installing Butcher Block Kitchen Countertops A butcher block countertop made of rock maple in the modern or vintage kitchen combines beauty, functionality, and durability. Its easy to maintain with oil and bees wax.
- Install Tile on Shower Walls Ceramic tile is a traditional and very classy way to finish shower/tub walls. You can do it, no problem.
- Little Known Tips for Kitchen Remodeling Use the psychology of color, calculate your kitchen space, and choose a personal theme.
- Make a Concrete Countertop Durable and striking, concrete counter tops can be formed and poured on site or remotely.
- Make a Kitchen Cabinet Door This article explains what a DIYer needs to know about building kitchen cabinet doors. It discusses wood selection, finish selection, and types of hinges and hardware.
- Making the Breakfast Bar Your Favorite Bar Use it for dining, as a food preparation area, or to organize an open floor plan.
- Popular Ideas for Kitchen Renovation Paint or apply tile tattoos rather than a complete remodeling project.
- Remodeling a Home for Disabled Homeowners The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 raised consciousness of independent living and sparked new coping products.
- Restoring Vintage Kitchen Cabinets California coolers, Hoosier cabinets, ceramic tile counter tops, and more.
- Should You Try to Remodel Your Own Bathroom? Plumbing, lighting, and ventilation are the functional tasks.
- The Dos and Donts of Bathroom Remodeling Renovation budgeting, selecting a vanity, choosing task lighting, and more.
- Tile a Countertop over Laminate the Easy Way Tile installation on laminate countertop or backsplash was a chore before Simplemat and Bondera tile mat.
- Tips for Decorating a Kitchen Whether you have a modern or vintage kitchen, evaluate the current space and develop a design theme.
- Use Tile Tattoos For a New Look Transform your kitchen and bathroom tile walls in a flash!
Return to top of page.
Bedroom Decorating and Design
- A Little Bedroom Can be Big on Style Interior decorating tips on colors that set the mood and open the space; space-saving tricks to maximize the area.
- Black and White Baby Designs Babies love contrasting or bright colors that contribute to brain synapse development and arouse curiosity.
- Creating a Beach Theme in Your Bedroom Bring the seaside atmosphere into your home.
- Creating a Boys Spy Theme Room Espionage, intrigue, and the underworld unleash a young mans imagination.
- Creating a Princess Theme Bedroom Decorate your teen girls bedroom like a Disney movie set with paint, area rugs, mirrors, and more.
- Creating a Superhero Wall Hanging Dress up the bedroom with vintage tin signs, inexpensive framed prints, and shadowboxes.
- Decorating a Boys Room With a Snowboarding Theme Create a ski slope or winter Olympic theme.
- Decorating Kids Rooms — Frugal Ideas that Fit Any Budget Interior decorating for children is fun and inexpensive.
- Decorating That New Bedroom for Your Toddler Try a princess theme for girls or a pirate theme for boys.
- Decorating the Diminutive Bedroom with Massive Style Interior bedroom decorating techniques focusing on furniture size, efficient storage space, paint shades, and window treatments.
- Designing the Perfect Pink Bedroom Use complementary and contrasting colors to brighten up a girls bedroom.
- Eight Simple Tips for Designing the Perfect Childs Bedroom Interior decorating for children can be fun and inexpensive.
- Fixing Up the Kids Bedroom Use remodeling to teach life lessons like budgeting and time management.
- How to Make Fun Window Treatments for a Childs Room Create light show curtains with old CDs or make extra storage space with pockets.
- How to Modernize Your Bedroom Modern colors, patterns, and decorations replace outdated themes.
- How to Position Your Bedroom Furniture As the most intimate room in your home, your sleeping area should be relaxing and inviting.
- Interior Decorating for the Kid's Bedroom An interior decorating makeover of a child's bedroom is an opportunity for parent-child bonding as they decide on decorating design, paint color selection, and coordinated flooring.
- Sew a Straight Line to Update Your Bedroom Decor A bit of interior decorating with fabric and a sewing machine goes a long way - window treatments, table skirts, and a bedskirt.
- Sweet Decor: Candy Theme for a Baby Girls Room When decorating a nursery, colorful curtains and painting candy striped walls work well.
- Tiffany Blue and White for a Teen Girls Bedroom Design a teen girls bedroom with wallpaper, linen, and accessories.
Return to top of page.
- Acid Stains for Your Concrete Floors A simple chemical reaction for a beautiful, durable surface.
- Bamboo Flooring Installation Methods Bamboo, an eco-friendly, green, sustainable material, can be installed by gluing, nailing (or stapling), or as laminate flooring.
- Deciding Whether to Deep Clean or Replace Dirty Filthy Carpet Home flooring lifetime and economic considerations are important considerations.
- DIY Laminate Hardwood Flooring Overview Much more affordable than solid hardwood and easy to install.
- Environmentally Friendly Flooring Options Look for no-VOC carpet, hardwood, sustainable bamboo and cork flooring.
- Floating Laminate Floor Installation Laminate floor sales are really heating up, overtaking tile and carpet. Learn how to install it!
- Garage Floor Epoxy for a Concrete Slab A finished concrete slab comes to mind with the term garage flooring usually, however there are practical options; think epoxy, vinyl sheet goods, and rubber tiles.
- Green, Sustainable Cork Flooring Cork tiles and planks for new home construction and remodeling projects.
- Hardwood Floor Sanding Use a drum and disk sander in larger areas and a hand sander or scraper in corners.
- How to Install a Hardwood Floor Oak, Pecan, Maple, or teak, installation is a methodical process.
- How to Prepare a Room for Hardwood Flooring Floor demolition and subfloor preparation are key.
- How to Remove Asbestos Floor Tiles Asbestos abatement—can you do it yourself?
- How to Repair Hardwood Flooring Tips on removing and replacing square-edged or tongue-in-groove floor planks.
- Install Carpet on a Cement Floor A DIY guide for laying your own floor.
- Laminate Floor Cleaning Laminate flooring is an economical, low maintenance alternative to traditional hardwood floors. Here's a look at its composition and care.
- Laminate Floor Installation Tips Basic installation instructions on the box are just the tip of the iceberg. I learned these tips the hard way but they're yours for free.
- Learn to Install Carpet over a Concrete Slab Using knee pads, a knee kicker, and a carpet stretcher, you can lay your own floor.
- Parquet Hardwood Floor Maintenance It's important to understand the maintenance, cleaning, and repair of hardwood parquet floors. Learn how to touch up individual floor tiles with a touch-up stick, or sand, re-stain, and refinish it.
- Repair Creaking Stairs and Other Staircase Fixs Even in newer homes, its necessary to quiet noisy treads and risers and replace damaged balusters; heres how.
- Renovate Your Staircase Stair component identification, refinishing techniques, and structural renovation.
- Repair Your Plywood Subfloor Moisture will damage and rot a plywood subfloor. The damage is usually done before you see any signs of it. Find out how to fix it.
- Tips For Installing Laminate Flooring FAQ, Part 1 Laminate floors are becoming more popular than hardwood flooring and they're easy to install. It's still possible to run into tricky situations. Find the gems of wisdom.
- Tips For Installing Laminate Flooring FAQ, Part 2 This is page 2 of the laminate floor installation tips FAQ. The questions all came from readers that were being their own building contractors.
- Top 5 Tips for Choosing the Best Epoxy Garage Floor A carport or shop flooring finish that is affordable, long-lasting, and sturdy.
- Top 5 Tips for Refinishing Wood Floors in Your Home Be sure its not laminate, barricade the work area, sand, and finish.
- Types of Residential Baseboards What type of baseboards should you install? Here are the four basic types.
- Waxing and Stripping VCT Floors Vinyl composite floors continue to be popular and proper maintenance is needed.
- What Everyone Should Know About Vinyl Flooring Look for a reputable manufacturer, durability, and quality.
- What Kind of Carpet is Right for Your Home? How to choose between Berber, plush, Saxony, textured and frieze carpeting.
- Wood Flooring Considerations for Homeowners Solid hardwood floors and engineered wood are both good investments in home equity.
Return to top of page.
General Home Maintenance
- 4 Ways to Take Your Home from Winter to Spring Seasonal home maintenance will protect your property equity.
- 5 Maintenance Projects You Might Not Want to DIY Building codes and construction knowledge should drive your decision.
- 5 Ways to De-Clutter Your Home before Christmas Have a toy amnesty, donate to charity, and give the kitchen the once-over.
- Bedroom Organization Tips Guidelines for good housekeeping.
- Blind and Shutter Installation Tips Economical window treatments are easier than ever to install.
- Chimney Cleaning Prevents Fires From Creosote Build Up Certified chimney sweeps are trained to remove the fire hazard risk, and also to inspect everything from your fireplace all the way up to your chimney cap.
- Common Home Problems that Require the Help of a Professional Building permits, municipal inspections, and licensed professionals may be needed.
- Essential DIY Maintenance Jobs Home fix-ups beyond the honey-do list.
- Fixer-Upper Home Renovation Tips Home improvement to raise equity in budget houses requires prioritizing.
- Frugal Living Room Remodeling Ideas for inexpensive make-overs.
- How to Clean Sinks Different sink surfaces have different requirements.
- How to Fix an Interior Door That wont Stay Shut Shim the hinges or change the doorknob set and strike plate.
- How to Install Venetian Blinds Installing your window treatments yourself will save you money.
- How to Organize Your Bathroom Focus on bathroom efficiency, storage concepts, and ease of maintenance.
- How to Prevent Mildew Buildup in Your Bathroom Use exhaust fans and fungal cleaning products.
- How To Put Up Curtain Poles and Track Economical window treatments are easier to install than ever.
- How to Remove a Carpet Stain Recover from a spill with a shampooer extractor or using carpet cleaning chemicals.
- How to Remove a Popcorn Ceiling They were once the rage, but they went out with shag carpeting and polyester leisure suits. Watch out for asbestos!
- Kitchen and Bathroom Cabinet Maintenance Tips Adjust cabinet hardware, pest control, child-proofing, and more.
- Must-Do Home Repairs Before You Sell Beat the home sales odds in todays tough economy.
- Preventative Home Maintenance to Keep the Cold Out Lower energy bills with caulk, insulation, double-paned windows, and energy star doors.
- Reduce Clutter in Your Living Room Use storage space and arrange furniture to optimize your home.
- Reducing Clutter in the Garage Yard sales, eBay or Craigs List, charitable donations or the dump; just get rid of it!
- Tips_for_a_Clutter_Free_Home Organize your possessions and donate the excess.
Return to top of page.
Interior Decorating and Design
- 3 Easy Ways to Spruce Up Your Homes Interior Decorative pillows, wall décor, and area rugs will do the trick.
- 5 Easily Achievable ways to Homemade Prints Dress up your home with a decoupage treatment, fabric stamping, cloth transfers, and stencils.
- 5 Designer Techniques to Make a Living Room Look Taller Open up a living space with a ceiling mural, natural light sources, concealed storage space, and more.
- A Buying Guide to Living Room Furniture Consider furnishing style, what you can afford, and the size of the pieces.
- Adding a Mini Library in the Guest Room Create a soothing, comfortable space with calm colors, sturdy furniture, and tasteful accessories.
- Adding Light to Your Home Office Use fluorescent or incandescent light fixtures in the home office to lessen eyestrain and increase productivity.
- Adding Style to Your Home with Clocks These large timepieces will keep you on schedule, whether on the wall, on the fireplace mantle, or freestanding.
- A Touch of the Past For Your New Home Mission-style and Amish furniture coupled with quilts and period art sets the mood.
- Balance a Room with Faux Windows Open up and increase character in an interior space with a mural, photo, LED screen, and more.
- Best Basement Conversion Ideas Turn wasted space into a home theater, TV room, and more.
- Bringing International Décor to Your Home Decorate your interior in the style of Spain, Italy, Japan, or China.
- Budget Interior Design Ideas How to save money redecorating your home on a frugal budget.
- Color Contrasts That Make Teens Happy Bedroom interior decorating to please both parents and kids.
- Create a Music Inspired Room for Children Interior decorating for the wee ones - trendy with a Jonas Brothers theme or classical with Mozart.
- Create a Stylish Area for Conversation in a Great Room Learn to make a cozy entertaining area with furniture arrangement, the right accessories, and lighting.
- Create a Tidy Oasis in Your Home Share cleaning chores and choose furniture to optimize your living space.
- Creative and Unique Ideas for Window Treatments Save money and express yourself with these tips and tricks.
- Customizing Your Home: 5 Ideas for Adding a Personal Touch A cookie-cutter contractor-grade home can reflect your personality.
- Decorating a Kitchen around Black Appliances More affordable than stainless steel ovens, refrigerators, and dishwashers; easier to keep clean than traditional white.
- Decorating a Mobile Home Because of the layout, small size, and wood framing dimensions, special interior design rules apply.
- Decorating a Modern Space with Vintage Furniture Mix retro and art deco pieces such as vintage mirrors with contemporary items for a unique look.
- Decorating a Summer House Theme choices: shabby chic, seaside chic, the party hut, and the family holiday home.
- Decorating a Room around Dark Brown Wallpaper A darker shade of paper or vinyl hides drywall imperfections and fingerprints and adds a casual feel.
- Decorating your Bathroom with the Great Outdoors Learn how to transform your bathroom with a seaside, hunting lodge, or a garden theme.
- Easy Ways to Decorate a Fireplace for Summer Imitate the forest floor or set up a candle display to create an intimate atmosphere for a romantic evening.
- Fix Your Home on a Budget this Holiday Season Christmas gatherings are enhanced by some DIY tweaks.
- Furnishing Accessories for Home Décor Interior decorating on a budget is possible.
- Furniture for a Southwestern Style Dining Room Rustic wrought iron or wood furniture with traditional Spanish or Mexican style sets the tone for southwestern style.
- Give Your Dining Room a Makeover Decorate and furnish this gathering area with paint, wallpaper, and carefully chosen furniture.
- Hallway Decoration Ideas Solutions to open up small spaces and add style.
- Help for a Home Office Design and Décor Optimize your work space by going vertical and getting systematic.
- How to Add Water Features to Your Home Interior Relaxing water fountain considerations are size and style.
- How to Design a Home Theater Install sound insulation, add a screen, surround sound, and theater seating.
- How to Shop for a New Sofa Consider the size and shape, type of upholstery (leather or fabric), and your level of comfort.
- Lava Lamps and Bean Bags Still in Style Get that funky 70s look and decorate your bedroom, living room, or den with retro decor.
- Letting Hollywood Design Your Media Room Decorate your home theater with a Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, or Bollywood theme.
- Live at Home the Feng Shui Way Interior and exterior decorating and paint shades sets the tone of your home.
- Modern Alternatives to the Classic Closet Organization for clothes and more is key when storage space is at a premium.
- Paint Illusions that Enlarge a Room Use simple decorating strategies painting ceilings, baseboards, and crown molding to prove that less is more.
- Perfect Coffee Tables for Small Spaces Add essential furniture and decorating accessories to a room first, then choose the right table.
- Popular Interior Decorating Designs and Styles Choose unique a room design that reflects your personality.
- Re-Inventing Your Interior Wooden Shutters Rather than replacing your window treatments, save money by giving them a face lift.
- Remake your Living Room with a Color Infusion Living room decorating tips focusing on paint color options, earthy colors, overall color scheme, and artwork.
- Reviving Your Décor Frugal interior decorating is easy using these tips.
- Sophisticated Style for an Urban Loft How to achieve a classy interior decorating look on a budget with affordable contemporary art and wood floors.
- Spice up Your Home with Tapestry Throws Add your personal touch by decorating with these colorful fabrics.
- St. Patricks Day Décor Celebrate Ireland, the Emerald Isle, with leprechaun and shamrock themes.
- Style Ideas for Using Vases as Wall Art Wall-mounted vases filled with flowers, ivy, or aromatic candles add a stylish interior decorating touch.
- Techniques to Make Your Home Seem Bigger Optimize your living space by de-cluttering and using the right window dressings and furniture styles.
- The 3 Most Important Rooms to Customize in Your Home Home equity and residents level of comfort are the areas of focus.
- Things are Looking Up! Great Design Tips for the Ceiling Often overlooked, your ceiling can make or break your interior decorating project.
- Use a Feng Shui Compass Reading in Home Design Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese art used to align the home for happiness, success, and good luck.
- Useful Tips to Help You Decorate for Christmas and the Holidays Easy and frugal ways to add seasonal cheer to your home.
- Wallpaper Illusions that are Simple and Refined Indulge in custom interior decorating with faux marble, pinstripe, and mural wallpaper rather than a solid paint.
- Ways to Improve the Man Cave Installing a bar, mini-fridge, and sound system creates the perfect get-away.
- Why Yellow Works in the Kitchen Interior designers use neutral paint colors to open up small spaces and minimize cleaning chores.
- Window Dressings in a Beige Room with Red Accents Visually balancing a room? Try interior decorating with patterned curtains with a southwest theme, stripes, solids, or accents.
Are you finding this comntent helpful? Thanks for supporting this free site with a small donation!
- 4 Simple Ways to Make Your Home Modern and ElegantHome upgrades raise home equity and lower utility bills.
- 5 Jobs Anyone Can Do at Home Without Being a DIY Buff Unclog a toilet, repoint brick walls, interior painting, and more.
- 5 Things to Purchase When You Move into a New Home Prioritize your financial expenditures.
- 6 Home Renovation Ideas for the Spring Season Shake off the winter blues and take care of those home improvement projects.
- 6 Least Efficient Ways to Increase Your Homes Value Todays real estate market is tougher than ever; choose improvements carefully.
- 6 Upgrades to Improve the Value of Your Home Basement finishing, energy-efficient windows, home automation, and more.
- Are There any Indoor Plants that Like a Shaded Room? House plant selection for home staging or interior decorating adds elegance and comfort.
- Commonly Overlooked Issues During a Home Inspection A certified inspector might not catch all defects.
- Common Mistakes People Make When Renovating Their Homes A construction budget, engineering, and building permits are key.
- Creative Storage Ideas For the Kitchen Organize or build a walk-in pantry, choose multi-function furniture, and install a kitchen island with drawers and cabinet space.
- Creative Ways to Create Additional Storage Space in a Small Home Use vertical, external, and closet storage solutions.
- DIY New Year's Resolutions Tired of failed New Year's resolutions? DIY projects don't require a diet or quitting smoking. Plan next year's DIY projects: install laminate flooring, renew bathroom tile, and more.
- DIY Tips for Replacing Outdated or Worn Fireplace Tiles Increase home equity and give your living room a new look.
- Five Easy Fixes to Increase Your Homes Value Think like a home buyer to increase your home equity and maintain your real estate investment.
- Follow my Perpetual Remodeling Syndrome Project Follow me as I slowly complete a backlog of home remodeling projects. It's either a reality show or a honey-do list. You decide.
- Get the Real Estate Agent to Tell You the Truth The importance of having a professional determine your home equity periodically.
- Great Home Improvement Valentines Days Gift Ideas Are you looking for the best Valentines Day present ideas? Shake it up; why gift her with a dozen red roses or a heart-shaped box of chocolates with something totally unexpected and really useful? Why not a bath remodel project?
- Hazards of Asbestos Exposure May result in asbestosis, lung cancer, mesothelioma, and pleural plaques.
- Health Advantages of Automated Hand Cleaners Home hygiene is achieved with soap dispensers and hand driers.
- Hidden Dangers of Amateur Renovation Know the risks of aluminum wiring, lead paint, and mesothelioma-causing asbestos.
- How Bad Credit Can Stop You from Buying Your Dream Home Get your credit reports and work with a financial advisor.
- How to Age-Proof a Home for an Elderly Relative Senior citizens have special safety needs that are easily addressed.
- How To Budget For Home Maintenance Consistent funding for home repairs and upgrades methodically.
- How to Have a Successful Relationship with a Residential Architect Establish a construction budget and hire an architect with your style in mind.
- How to Make your Home Wheelchair Accessible Modify your home for wheelchair users with stairlifts, non-slip surfaces and bathroom fixtures.
- How to Monitor Indoor Air Quality Inside air quality is a critical issue because increasingly, steps are being taken to tighten the homes envelope; this increases energy efficiency. Unfortunately, this can elevate radon, carbon monoxide, and deadly black mold spores.
- How to Prioritize Home Improvement Projects Structural issues first; aesthetic issues second.
- How to Reupholster Your Sofa Yourself Save money by breathing new life into your living room furniture.
- How to Save Time on Clean Up after Renovation Daily clean-up and hiring a professional cleaning company is key.
- How to Select Ergonomic Furniture for Your Home Avoid nagging injuries, aches, and pains by using body-friendly furniture.
- How to Soundproof Rooms, Windows, and Doors Decorate for insulation value, use draft blockers, and more.
- How to Remodel a Garage Into a Home Office Take advantage of extra space when telecommuting or operating a entrepreneurial small business.
- How to Select a Contractor Builder Selecting a building contractor for new home construction or a home remodeling project is serious business. Chances are that a home improvement project is going to cost some good bit of money. This is because things must be done professionally.
- How to Set Tile on a Fireplace Surround Update your living room by adding a tile or natural stone veneer to a brick fireplace.
- Increase the Value of Your Home with 5 Quick Renovations Selling a home can hinge on improvements that are both cosmetic and practical.
- Increasing Your Homes Value on a Budget Raising home equity doesnt have to be expensive; just focus on one part of your home at a time.
- Install a Prehung Door Modern prehung doors take the mystery, routers, and templates out of door installation.
- Install a Trackless Bi-Fold Closet Door on a Laminate Floor Reader Mark Sick sent in this method he used to mount a trackless bi-fold closet door on his laminate floor. Eliminating the tack is important on a floating floor system.
- Maintain Tenant Relations with Quality Furnishings Landlord insurance, practical appliances, solid furniture, and more.
- Pine Cones: From Winter Kindling to Christmas Decor Sustainable holiday arts and crafts making angels, garlands, dining table centerpieces, and wreaths.
- Popular Ways to Boost Your Homes Value Tips for raising equity by prioritizing renovations.
- Remodeling? 3 Organization Tips to Maintain a Clean Home Pre-construction planning and creative thinking makes for success.
- Renovate Smarter Respect your remodeling budget, limit unnecessary demolition, and background-check contractors.
- Replacing Vertical Blind Slats Replace damaged components or upgrade the look of your windows.
- Restoring a Period Property Maintaining authenticity, building code requirements, and historic compliancy can be tricky but rewarding.
- Suspended Acoustical Ceilings: Installation Tutorial A step by step guide to laying out and installing a suspended acoustical grid ceiling. It explains nailing up the wall angle (molding), installing hanger wires and the grid, leveling the grid and installing the ceiling tiles.
- Testing Indoor Air Quality for Radon Gas It's a silent killer. Find out how to detect it and get it under control.
- The Best Home Remodeling Tips Revealed The most successful residential remodeling contractors satisfy their customers and make money because they focus on a comprehensive set of details. The same steps apply to bathroom remodeling, kitchen renovation, or reroofing.
- The Hidden Costs of Owning a Home From homeowners insurance to periodic maintenance, the costs never let up.
- The Value of Solid Wood Furniture You save money on cheap particle board furniture, but it wont last.
- Tips for Preparing to Waterproof Basement Walls Home foundation drainage is the first step.
- Top Tips For Building Flat Packed Furniture IKEA furniture assembly need not be a difficult DIY project.
- Use Small Areas for Home Office Spaces Telecommuters and freelancers can benefit from thinking out of the box.
- Unprofitable Remodel Projects During an Economic Recession Economic downturns call for belt-tightening and home equity ROI based on functionality, not luxury.
- Your Home of Tomorrow Today Home automation and energy efficient technology.
Return to top of page.
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...