DIY Article Topics
ICFUMH site search
Do you need an article written and featured on one of our sites or yours to promote your business? Hire Me!
Welcome to Our Articles on Drywall and Framing Projects
Standard Disclaimer:Any project which requires the use of tools carries the potential for injury. Use caution and your safety gear, this site won't be liable!
Browse our articles (in alphabetical order. Enjoy!
- 6 Key Tips to Finishing a Drywall Repair Job with Flying Colors DIY professional taping and floating is in your reach.
- AERT Composite Wood Building Products Use your income tax refund to fix a fence or build a deck with MoistureShield recycled pickets and decking.
- Apply or Repair Orange Peel Texture Also known as eggshell or splatter texturing, it is sprayed on with a hopper and compressor rig in new construction but other methods are available for small repair and patch jobs.
- Drywall Texturing Made Easy. Have you ever wanted to give your walls a personalized and professional texture? It's easy and you don't need a drywall texture sprayer!
- Engineered Wood. This manufactured or composite wood is a green building material used in APA rated siding, I-Joists, glulam and OSB.
- How to Apply a Stomp Ceiling or Wall Texture An easy alternative to stipple, paint roller, popcorn, or orange peel texture.
- How to Frame a Basement Your basement represents an opportunity to use all the square footage in your home and increase your home equity by turning it into a game room, home theater, or craft shop.
- Knockdown Texture Tool. Make a Knockdown Texture Tool. I made this cool tool to match a customer's drywall ceiling that I was tying into. Perfect match!
- Repairing Drywall Holes. This DIY guide will teach you how to repair drywall holes. Drywall repairs involve using sheetrock, drywall compound, joint tape, and drywall tools.
- Repair Sheetrock Seams. Cracks in your drywall can be caused by many things, including foundation problems. Fixing them is easy though, just tape and float.
- Tape and Float Sheetrock. Drywall finishing is an art form, but easily learned. This article provides step by step instructions for taping and floating (or finishing) sheetrock.
- Types of Drywall Gypsum board for remodeling and new construction.
- Types of Drywall Textures Hand-applied and spray sheetrock textures.
- Wood Frame Construction. Learn the fundamentals of stick framing before starting a remodeling project.
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...