DIY Article Topics
ICFUMH site search
|search engine by freefind|
I offer blog-writing services. Interested? Hire Me!
Welcome to Our Articles on Plumbing Projects
Standard Disclaimer:Any project which requires the use of tools carries the potential for injury. Use caution and your safety gear, this site won't be liable!
Plumbing projects, either remodeling or routine repairs arent always as straightforward as, say, painting. Some jobs require permits, city code inspections, and special equipment like pipe threaders. In this case, its time to locate a licensed plumber. For example, if you live in Colorado, you can find Denver plumbers and other services when the job is too overwhelming.
Here are our plumbing articles in alphabetical order. Enjoy!
- Add a Relaxing Touch to Your Home with Interior Water Fountains Before buying and installing a relaxing water feature for your home, consider the style and proportions of your living area.
- Avoiding Home Water Damage Keep plumbing up to date, valve off water supply when youre gone.
- Basement Sump Pump Problems and Solutions Water removal machinery requires regular maintenance.
- Benefits of the Tankless Water Heater This article compares the energy efficiency of a tankless water heater to a conventional storage water heater. Both electric and gas units save energy and save money.
- Choosing Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets When selecting plumbing fixtures, consider quality, cost, functionality, and interior decorating style.
- Different Options for Removing an Oil Tank from Your Home How to remove an underground storage tank safely.
- Drain Cleaning Methods Avoiding commercial chemical drain cleaners.
- Five Steps to Hiring a Plumber A reasonable price, good reputation, licensing, a contract, and more.
- Four Affordable Amenities for a Luxurious Shower Your bathroom is a large part of your home equity; make it a comfortable and enjoyable space.
- Hot Tub and Whirlpool Accessories Enhance your relaxation time with hot tub gadgets.
- How Can I Prevent Clogged Drains in My Home? Avoiding plumbing problems with sinks and toilets.
- How to Clear a Clogged Drain Pipe How to clear a clogged sink or bathroom bathtub drain with a plunger or by disassembling the plumbing, cleaning it, and reassembling the down pipe and p-trap using Teflon tape.
- How to Fix a Washer Type Faucet You can repair a leaking bathroom faucet or kitchen faucet by replacing the washer and using a washer seat dressing tool. Avoid a costly plumber visit.
- How to Fix Common Hot Water Tank Problems With cold or lukewarm water, troubleshoot and repair or replace.
- How to Fix Common Toilet Problems Everyone hates this one. Don't fret though. Modern commodes are easy to troubleshoot and fix.
- How to Install a French Drain for Drainage Trench a french drain to avoid mosquito breeding, foundation damage, and basement woes.
- How to Handle Frozen Pipes Emergency plumbing repairs can be called for even in warmer climates.
- How to Install a Lawn Sprinkler System Underground irrigation saves water, time, and money.
- How to Repair Sink Faucets Read about the different kinds of sink faucets including compression faucets, diaphragm faucets, Disc faucets, and more!
- How to Thaw a Frozen Water Pipe Granted, this is not a fun job but it's one that can't be put off when un-insulated plumbing pipes are subjected to a hard freeze. Check out the tricks and tips.
- Look for the WaterSense Label Efficient plumbing products save water and money.
- Low Flow Water Saving Toilets Low flow water saving toilets appeared around 1994 as part of the energy conservation trend. The first low flow toilets were notoriously difficult to flush and were not popular but high pressure flushing devices or vacuum assisted tank mechanisms have improved that.
- Maintain a Healthy Drainage System Modern plumbing fixtures need regular inspection and maintenance.
- Master Spa Eco Pur Filters Why use them and how to clean them.
- Plumbing Maintenance 6 tips to make your pipes last longer.
- Plumbing Push-In Fittings and Connectors Plumbing has evolved from steel to PVC to PEX tubing; connections are catching up.
- Quick, Easy Ways to Fix a Clogged Garbage Disposal Clear the inside, disassemble pipes, or use a drain snake.
- Tips for Removing and Replacing Old Plumbing Pipes PVC, galvanized, copper lines, and more; chances are you can fix it.
- Toilet Wax Ring Seal Replacement Bathroom fixture DIY projects are not as difficult as you might think.
- Trade Plumbing Fixture Overview Bathrooms rule in home equity; use quality fixtures when upgrading or during home maintenance.
- Types of Home Water Filtration Units Drinking water purification systems are a component of a healthy lifestyle. Some impurities they remove: pesticides, lead, arsenic, germs, benzene, cadmium, and mercury.